IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) Western Province Chapter in association with Anexas – Naqel Training Academy Proudly invites you to Accounting & Finance Regulations to Practice: Unlocking Practical Aspects of Recent Finance Regulations in Saudi Arabia.
At Sheraton Hotel, Jeddah
Wednesday & Thursday, April 10th and 11th, 2019
12 CPE Hours from IMA, USA
Day One (9.00AM- 4.30PM)
1. Corporate Governance
• What is corporate governance, misconceptions and requirements?
• Latest updates in KSA to ensure effective corporate governance towards role of Board of Directors.
• How can directors save themselves from becoming “scapegoats” in the event of fraud detection?
• Recent global issues in the corporate world and its implication on corporate governance
Adoption of IFRS in KSA (01.01.2017 for listed companies and 01.01.2018 for other companies).
Understanding the gap between IFRS and SOCPA, particularly complex issues in IFRS 9 (Financial Instruments), 15 (Revenue from Contract with Customers) and 16 (Leases).
Imminent speakers and IFRS expert will cover:-
• Understanding complex issues under IFRS 15 and IFRS 16
• Evaluating details under IFRS 9 relating to ECL models
• Transition options available under above IFRS
• Judgments and estimates under IFRS; understanding auditor’s role in evaluating them.
• Documentation that auditors require to comply with under IFRS
3. Zakat and VAT: Recent updates.
4. Digital transformation : Introduction to Block Chain Technology:
Is accounting moving from double entry system to triple accounting system? A discussion on new technology and future of transactions in finance.
Day Two – (9.00AM- 4.30PM)
SOCPA to SME IFRS: A hands-on workshop with practical issues on dealing with auditors.
1. IFRS AND DAY ONE RECAP
• Key take away from day one discussion
2. IFRS for SMEs
• Key difference between full IFRS and IFRS for SMEs applicable in KSA
3. IFRS for SMEs
• Property, Plant, Equipment and Lease
• Impairment assessment
• Investment Properties
• Revenue/Contract Accounting
• Employee Benefits
• Transfer Pricing Impact
• Actuary Valuation- What need to be assessed?
• Financial Instruments (with practical examples on calculation of amortized cost and effective interest rates)
• Fair valuation (with practical case studies)
5. Transfer Pricing
• Introduction and applicability in KSA.
A nominal fee (IMA Members: SR450, Non-members: SR 800, Group registration: SR 600- Limited seats) will be charged to attendees for the event (Includes refreshments and lunch). Attendees will be provided with CPE certificate and a gift from IMA
For registration, there 2 ways you can register:
1. To pay by credit card you can add this event to cart and proceed to pay through credit card by adding this event to the cart. To avail group discount, please enter coupon code “Group Discount”
2. For payment with net banking/Cheque/Cash: Contact … (Gopi@anexas.net, 0543018433)
Or transfer the amount to following account and send deposit slip to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com,
Account Name: Naqel Company
Bank Account: 1325593600010
IBAN: SA05 1000 0013 2559 3600 0110
SWIFT Code: NCBKSAJE
Venue: Address – Sheraton Hotel – North Corniche, Jeddah
Detailed agenda will be shared to registrants, for event queries mail at : …. (or we may link them to ima webform)
1. Amarjit Chopra
A Chartered Accountant with four-decades of experience in policy framing and practice in the finance field, Chopra is currently on Board of Tata Power, Delhi Distribution Limited, Rico Auto Industries Limited, Rico Investment Ltd, Roop Automotive Ltd, and ICAI Accounting Research Foundation Ltd. Previously, he has chaired several important committees that dealt with Auditing and Accounting Standards, Corporate Governance and Banking at the national level and IFAC, CAPA and SAFA at the international level. He is also part of the Disciplinary Committee of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and former-President ICAI. He has delivered more than 2,750
lectures on Accounting & Finance.
2. Oboud Baeshen
Mr. Baeshen is former Assistant General Manager of the Jeddah branch of the General Authority of Zakat and Tax (GAZT). He is one of the founding members of the Saudi Organization for Certified Public Accountants (SOCPA). Currently, he is Principal and Managing
Partner at Oboud Abubakr Baeshen and Company (Certified Public Accountants)
3. Raghav Khullar
Director-Audit and Advisory -KPMG, Saudi Arabia. Raghav is also an IFRS and US GAAP accredited Director with 14 years of experience in corporate advisory to ME and European clients. He has also written several articles on recent advancements including AI, Blockchain etc.
4. Irfan Alladin
Senior Principal, EY Saudi Arabia. Irfan has a deep routed knowledge in Tax/Zakat, Business and Statutory Regulations. He has an experience of over two decades in providing tax Advisory to clients with focus on Tax/ Zakat aspects of business planning, Contract structuring and Controversy resolution.
5. Rahul Goswami
Senior legal consultant-Law firm of Hassan Mahassni. His expertise includes advisory on Corporate and financial regulatory framework in Saudi Arabia
6. Dr. Anis Ben Khedher
A public speaker, senior specialist and researcher at IDBG. His research interests include FinTech and Blockchain. Panel Discussion: Will include successful experienced finance professionals from various business sectors such as Banking and other services sharing journey and insight exposures.
Panel Discussion: Will include successful, experienced finance professionals from various business sectors such as banking and other sectors, sharing their journey and insights.